NullPointerException using org.jopendocument.dom.template.JavaScriptTemplate constructor

Markus Voge

Jul 2, 2021, 6:09:34 PM7/2/21
to jOpenDocument

Running this code gives me a `Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getBindings(int)" because "this.engine" is null`:

```
String filename = "Some_file.odt";
File infile = new File(filename);
JavaScriptTemplate template = new JavaScriptTemplate(infile);
```

This did not happen with earlier Java versions. I am now using the following Java: `openjdk version "15.0.2" 2021-01-19`.

Guillaume Maillard

Jul 2, 2021, 6:12:08 PM7/2/21
to jopend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,

Oracle removed the Javascript engine in latest Java releases.
Just add :  https://github.com/openjdk/nashorn  to get it back.

Regards,
Guillaume

--