Enormus memory usage.

已查看 27 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

igNights77

未读,
2020年1月19日 06:49:062020/1/19
收件人 jOpenDocument

Hello.

I have been using jOpenDocument for some time now, and it behaves in a way that I do not understand.

I have a SpreadSheet with only one non-empty Sheet containing 57495 rows and 476 columns.

Around 80% of the cells are blank, and with no style.

The rest have a small String of 1 to 15 char max.

I have defined 3 custom styles which are used on some of the cells.

This SpreadSheet takes up 2.2MegaBytes on the disk.

I perform the following code on it:

File file = new File("fileName.ods");

Sheet sheet = SpreadSheet.createFromFile(file).getSheet(0);

int rowCount = sheet.getRowCount();

int columnCount = sheet.getColumnCount();

for (int y = 0; y < rowCount; y++)
{

     System.out.println(y);

     for (int x = 0; x < columnCount; x++)
     {

         sheet.getCellAt(x, y);

     }

}

Now from what I would expect, this code shouldn't really be doing anything at all.

However, it keeps creating a bunch of MutableCell which are never unloaded.

After about 2 minutes, the heap is taking up 4.8GigaBytes of the 6GigaBytes I have allocated it, 4.3GigaBytes of which is actually used.

The program has created about 23 million MutableCell, and about as much Element, Attribute[], AttributeList and ContentList.

It has now reached row 48000.

From then on it slows down significantly, progressing at about 1 row every 5 minutes. GC and CPU usage are both at about 0%.

After about an hour it produces an OutOfMemoryError : Java heap space, even though it has still not reached the 6GigaByte limit.

Could someone please explain this behavior? It seems that any call I make to the getCellAt() method makes the memory consumption explode.

Because of this, I cannot use methods like getCellAt().setStyleName() or getCellAt().merge() in big files, which is a real problem for me.

There is something I don't understand about the getCellAt() method. How would I go about setting the style of a cell, or merging cells in a big file?

Thank you for taking the time to read me.

Guillaume Maillard

未读,
2020年1月19日 09:57:102020/1/19
收件人 jopend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

getCellAt is a very high level function, it resolves all the information about the cells.
For bulk processing, use low level APIs to manipulate the DOM.

Regards,
Guillaume

--

---

igNights77

未读,
2020年1月19日 10:04:502020/1/19
收件人 jOpenDocument
Thank you for your reply Guillaume.

Would you be able to show me an example of how to set the style of a cell at the lowest level possible?

Thanks again!
回复全部
回复作者
转发