joose.it - server down

Nickolay Platonov

Jan 2, 2011, 4:07:29 AM1/2/11
to joose-js
Hello,

My server hosting http://joose.it failed badly (HDD failure). There were no RAIDs or backups. I'm setting up a new machine, that will take some time..

Regards, Nickolay

Malte Ubl

Jan 2, 2011, 5:03:05 AM1/2/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

let me know if you need anything! (Including money for a hosting
contract somewhere)

Cheers
Malte

PS: Happy New Year :)

> --

http://twitter.com/cramforce
http://nonblocking.io

Nickolay Platonov

Jan 2, 2011, 5:19:16 AM1/2/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Malte Ubl <malt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

let me know if you need anything! (Including money for a hosting
contract somewhere)

Thanks a lot, I'll keep this in mind.

And Happy New Year as well! :)

Nickolay

Nickolay Platonov

Jan 20, 2011, 7:03:10 AM1/20/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Finally joose.it is up again. It turned about, that the server was hacked by some bastard, who formatted the HDD after that..

Tom

Jan 20, 2011, 7:06:24 AM1/20/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hacked? That is weird, why would someone want to hack joose.it.

Was it running on node.js? Any idea what could have caused a vulnerability?

- Tom

Nickolay Platonov

Jan 20, 2011, 7:18:16 AM1/20/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
I guess it wasn't against joose.it personally, probably someone just ran a scanner for vulnerabilities and found one on my server.
I blame either Wordpress or Webmin (haven't update the latter for a long time). And not, it was not running on node..

Nickolay Platonov

Jan 20, 2011, 7:19:49 AM1/20/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Its a pure static site - has no server-side.