Using Joose with Meteor framework

Ivan Wills

Jun 24, 2013, 11:46:34 PM6/24/13
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has any one had any luck with using Joose with Meteor? They seem like they would be a very good fit, if I can make a Attribute Role to handle Meteor's Dependancie contexts, it would be easy to create (automatically) reactive objects.

I am able to get Joose working with Meteor if I use the joose.min.js but I can't get things like JooseX-Attribute to work which stops me trying to create my on Attribut Roles.

I also tried to use Meteorite so I can use the npm package to load the joose npm module but this errors so that I can start the server.

Any suggestions about how to get going with this?

Thanks,
Ivan

Nickolay Platonov

Jun 26, 2013, 11:37:33 PM6/26/13
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can do whatever you want with the attributes, though the meta-objects API may have a bit high intro barrier.
Check this thread for an Observable pattern example: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joose-js/FbIaDoRqfME

I'll be glad to help on #joose on freenode.

Regards, Nickolay

Nickolay

Ivan Wills

Jul 2, 2013, 10:06:14 PM7/2/13
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that link it looks like it answers the question I wanted to get to. Which is how would I go about creating Attribute and Class Roles to work with Meteor's Deps API so I can do automatic responsive UI with Joose & Meteor.

Ivan