Cannot apply plugin jooq-codegen-gradle

Simone Cacciatore

Apr 2, 2024, 11:07:35 AMApr 2
to jOOQ User Group
Hi everyone

I've downloaded the trial version of jooq pro for java 8 (because I need the support to Oracle) and I am trying to use the official plugin but till now I had no success.

I have installed the downloaded jars in my local maven with the provided script maven-install and then added the mavenLocal repo to my repository both for libraries and plugins.

Then I have added the plugin to my gradle build :
plugins {
id "org.jooq.trial-java-8.jooq-codegen-gradle" version "3.19.6"
}
and the dependencies like that

dependencies {
implementation "org.jooq.trial-java-8:jooq-codegen:${jooqVersion}"
implementation "org.jooq.trial-java-8:jooq-meta:${jooqVersion}"
implementation "${jdbcDriverDependency}"

implementation "org.jooq.trial-java-8:jooq:${jooqVersion}"

jooq localGroovy()
jooq fileTree(dir: "../../buildSrc/build/libs", include: '*.jar')
}

If I try to build or generate I have the following error:

Build file '/home/cacciatore/DEV/livebase/cloudlet/workgroupDatabase/workgroup-database.gradle' line: 2

* What went wrong:
An exception occurred applying plugin request [id: 'org.jooq.trial-java-8.jooq-codegen-gradle', version: '3.19.6']
> Failed to apply plugin 'org.jooq.trial-java-8.jooq-codegen-gradle'.
   > Could not create an instance of type org.jooq.codegen.gradle.NamedConfiguration.
      > Could not generate a decorated class for type NamedConfiguration.
         > org/jooq/meta/jaxb/Configuration

Seems that some depedency of the plugin is not satisfied, but I have no clue how to fix

Thanks in advance

Lukas Eder

Apr 3, 2024, 5:39:33 AMApr 3
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simone

I'm assuming you installed the trial's jar file to your local Maven repository. Did you set up your gradle repositories as follows?

build.gradle.kts

    repositories {
        mavenLocal()
        mavenCentral()
    }

settings.gradle.kts

    pluginManagement {
        repositories {
            mavenLocal()
            gradlePluginPortal()
        }
    }

Best regards,
Lukas

Lukas Eder

Apr 3, 2024, 5:40:35 AMApr 3
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
I see you're using a local path to place jar files on your classpath. To add files to the code generation plugin's classpath, please use:

dependencies {

    // Code generation specific dependencies, like JDBC drivers, codegen extensions, etc.
    jooqCodegen "..."
}

See also:

hantsy bai

Apr 8, 2024, 2:34:35 AMApr 8
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Add ` jaxb ` to jooqCodeGen scope, check my example: https://github.com/hantsy/spring-r2dbc-sample/blob/master/jooq-kotlin-co-gradle/build.gradle.kts#L46
---

Regards,

Hantsy Bai

Self-employed consultant, fullstack developer, agile coach, freelancer/remote worker

GitHub: https://github.com/hantsy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@hantsy

Medium: https://medium.com/@hantsy