Parsing with meta lookups issues

Ahmed Ghanmi

May 1, 2024, 5:43:48 AMMay 1
to jOOQ User Group
We are trying to test parsing with meta lookups. However, we had two issues :
- jOOQ was attempting to fetch metadata with every connection even when the DSLContext is reused. Are we missing something in the settings?
- it seems that jOOQ isn't identifying tables/columns unless the identifiers were quoted (examples in the java file provided). It would be helpful if it could apply some transformations on the results of the lookup (similar to identifier styling rules RenderQuotedNames RenderNameCase).

--------

jOOQ Version
org.jooq.pro-java-8:3.19.6

Database product and version
Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

PostgreSQL 14.5

Java Version
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin jdk8u402-b06

OS Version
OpenSUSE Leap 42.3

JDBC driver name and version (include name if unofficial driver)
com.oracle.jdbc:12.2.0.1
org.postgresql:42.2.18
ParseWithMetaLookupsExamples.java

Lukas Eder

May 1, 2024, 5:58:00 AMMay 1
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ahmed,

The default MetaProvider uses JDBC DatabaseMetaData and doesn't cache itself. You can implement your own MetaProvider, where you cache the results e.g. using Meta.snapshot(), or you can use another implementation, e.g. a DDL based one:

There's indeed a missing feature where our lookups are capable of being case-insensitive:

Until then, it will be necessary to have a MetaProvider that provides the identifiers in the correct case

I hope this helps,
Lukas