jOOQ generator error (variable already defined) when two functions have same name

Stéphane Kahn

Dec 7, 2017, 2:34:43 PM12/7/17
to jOOQ User Group
Hi,

I think I found a bug in jOOQ generator: previously (3.8.1) it managed to create classes for function with same names but different arguments/return, e.g.: myfunction() and myfunction(INTEGER).
It used to generate two classes (Myfunction1.java and Myfunction2.java and corresponding records) and everything was fine.

I wanted to upgrade to 3.10.2, but the generator doesn't work anymore in such case. It creates one class (Myfunction.java) with duplicated fields. I tried with 3.9.1, I get the same result.

Before I realised it is related to functions with same name, I created a post on StackOverflow with (slightly) more details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47698834/jooq-generator-error-variable-already-defined-when-two-functions-have-same-nam

Thank you,
Stéphane

Lukas Eder

Dec 11, 2017, 3:22:25 AM12/11/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your message.

I will answer on Stack Overflow and on GitHub, where this question was cross-posted:

Cheers,
Lukas