Support for get_lock and release_lock

Wes Calvert

Aug 31, 2021, 10:38:44 AM8/31/21
to jOOQ User Group
Hi, I'm new to jooq and wondering what is the preferred way to access vendor specific functions like MySQL's locking functions: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/locking-functions.html

The manual did not seem to explain how to access vendor specific built in functions. For now, I am just calling get_lock and release_lock using raw SQL, which obviously is not optimal for many reasons. Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Lukas Eder

Aug 31, 2021, 10:42:56 AM8/31/21
to jOOQ User Group
Hi Wes,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 4:38 PM Wes Calvert <wes.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
The manual did not seem to explain how to access vendor specific built in functions

Well, I really need to work on my SEO, then, because I'm showing people with that question in the right direction several times a week 😅

For example, see the top item in the FAQ:

Which leads here:

For now, I am just calling get_lock and release_lock using raw SQL, which obviously is not optimal for many reasons.

What's not good about using raw SQL for stuff that jOOQ doesn't support?
Cheers,
Lukas

Wes Calvert

Aug 31, 2021, 12:33:36 PM8/31/21
to jOOQ User Group
Thank you for the quick response. Previously I was using raw, plain old SQL without any templates, that is what I meant by "not optimal for many reasons". I'll go with templated SQL instead.