RC1 Release

Mark Dexter

Dec 13, 2010, 9:38:03 PM12/13/10
to joomla-wg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be
releasing RC1 or Beta16 on 14 December, not 13 December.

We are very close to having version 1.6.0 RC1 ready to go. The plan is
to finish up testing patches in the next 16 hours or so. Then we will
make the final call for releasing RC1 in the PLT meeting.

So, we expect to release RC1 in about 24 hours, barring some
unforeseen problem. If we aren't quite ready in 24 hours, the plan
would be to release beta16 at that time and release RC1 in 2 - 3 days.

Thanks. Mark