Production Leadership Team Minutes 18 January 2011

Ian MacLennan

Jan 21, 2011, 10:12:38 AM1/21/11
to joomla-wg-...@googlegroups.com

Production Leadership Team Minutes 18 January 2011

Present:  Christophe, Mark, Ron, JM, Ian, Louis, Chris
Apologies: Sam

  1. Reports
    1. JBS
      1. 1.6.0 Released on 10 Jan!
      2. Upgrade strategy communication
        1. Support Matias? How?
        2. Communication?
          1. Migration to 1.6: use jUpgrade and help improve it
          2. Migration to 1.7: core site importer targetted to handled 1.5 and 1.6
          3. Upgrades in the future: We're committed to making them smooth.
          4. LTS is the January 2012 release
          5. Ian to make a blog about this
      3. What to do about code formatting? Will discuss at future meeting.
        1. Standards doc status
        2. Plan
          1. Louis and Ian to finalize and get it moving forward
      4. 1.6.1 release date?
        1. Not ready yet.  Will discuss next week.
    2. Documentation report
      1. There was a huge surge of changes to the wiki when 1.6 was released.
      2. Help screens have been progressing a lot faster.
      3. Out of 115, there are 43 finished and about 20 in progress.
      4. there has also been a lot of work done on non-help screen stuff.
  2. Business arising from the previous meeting
    1. None discussed
  3. General Business
    1. Budget 2011.  OSM has requested that we complete our budget request for 2011 by Jan 24 using the gdocs provided.
      1. I'd like to see a PLT Summit around the time (maybe just before) each release, to plan the next cycle and to help finalise any issues with the current cycle.  So, budget for 2 Summits per year, separate from any OSM/LT Summit.
      2. Also budget for some PLT people to attend non-Joomla conferences as I think we've discussed before.
    2. Summit strategy / ideas
      1. JAB (Summit around) : no, if it prevents, because of lack of moneys, necessary PLT summits
      2. Developer conference (like NYC)
      3. Stand-alone meeting
        1. when & where?
    3. OSM Communications Liaison person - tabled
    4. Enlarging the PLT? - tabled
    5. Andrew Eddie has resigned from the PLT.