Reminder for people making commits

Ian MacLennan

Jun 20, 2010, 10:51:04 PM6/20/10
to joomla-wg-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I was just looking over the test reports for the last twenty builds and I noticed a good deal of fluxuation in the results.  I haven't been able to track down exactly why this is happening - i.e. whether commits are breaking tests or whether something weird is happening.  I did just want to remind all of us who are committing to trunk that we need to be running the unit tests before doing so to ensure that we don't introduce regressions into our code base.

Also, we should be moving towards having unit tests for any commits that touch the framework.  We have a good base of tests that can be used as examples.

If you're not up to speed at the minimum with running unit tests, you should do so.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we'll try and get you up to speed.

Ian

JM Simonet

Jun 26, 2010, 1:48:19 PM6/26/10
to joomla-wg-...@googlegroups.com
Folks
I have moved this priority1 artefact to Needs Review as this is a biggie.

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=20796

As it touches 22 files, including 14 library ones, I suggest we stop
committing until this one is behind us.
Thanks.
JM

Louis Landry

Jun 29, 2010, 6:08:44 PM6/29/10
to joomla-wg-...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking into this.

- Louis
--
Development Coordinator
Joomla! ... because open source matters.