Meeting Notes - 19 September 2009

Mark Dexter

Sep 20, 2009, 11:01:23 AM9/20/09
to Joomla! Production Working Group Leadership
Production Leadership Meeting Notes: September 19, 2009 22:00:00 UTC

Chairman Mark Dexter

Attendees
- Chris Davenport
- Louis Landry
- Mark Dexter
- Ole Bang Ottosen
- Sam Moffatt

Topics

1. Joomla! 1.6 Release Schedule and Process

- Design decisions for final piece of ACL (ACL asset management) were
agreed upon in a meeting on Thursday, 17 September. Hannes has posted
a detailed explanation and some code to the Google CMS Dev group here:
http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-cms/browse_thread/thread/883baaffe12f023

Actions

- Continue to work with release team on getting ACL and other pieces
of 1.6 ready for alpha2 release.

2. Joomla! 1.6 Release Communication Strategy

- We decided to hold off on a public announcement for the alpha2
release for now.

Actions

- Mark will write a blog to report to the community what is happening
with 1.6.
- We will ask Release Team to start regular blogs to keep community
informed.

3. Production Working Group Budget for 2010

- Thread started in Google group for brainstorming budget ideas.

Actions

- Sam will share Development Budgets for prior years to help us in
this process.
- Everyone should share any budget ideas in the budget thread.

4. Developer Site / Joomla! Labs Planning

- We officially endorsed the document Louis wrote called “Joomla!
Development Infrastructure”. This calls for reorganizing the Joomla
SVN server with two primary goals in mind: (1) Open up the SVN to all
developers in the community; and (2) Create a separate code repository
for the upcoming Joomla! Framework. You can read the entire document
here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARxqaWVp2fOzZGdobmRkNjZfNGhkenptcGZ6&hl=en.

Actions

- Louis to continue to work with OSM and Rochen to get the new
resources lined up and ready to go.
- Still need someone to look into lighttpd crashes and fix.
- We will need someone to synchronize necessary content from the
existing developer site.
- We will need someone to build a layout override and user plugin for
agreeing to terms of service.

Mark Dexter

Sep 20, 2009, 3:42:54 PM9/20/09
to Joomla! Production Working Group Leadership
On point (1) above, the link is to the whole thread and Hannes' last
post is hard to find. Here is the link to the actual post about the
proposed ACL asset management design:
http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-cms/msg/318c73d86c995b17.