Production Leadership Meeting Notes: September 19, 2009 22:00:00 UTC
Chairman Mark Dexter
- Chris Davenport
- Louis Landry
- Mark Dexter
- Ole Bang Ottosen
- Sam Moffatt
1. Joomla! 1.6 Release Schedule and Process
- Design decisions for final piece of ACL (ACL asset management) were
agreed upon in a meeting on Thursday, 17 September. Hannes has posted
a detailed explanation and some code to the Google CMS Dev group here:
- Continue to work with release team on getting ACL and other pieces
of 1.6 ready for alpha2 release.
2. Joomla! 1.6 Release Communication Strategy
- We decided to hold off on a public announcement for the alpha2
release for now.
- Mark will write a blog to report to the community what is happening
- We will ask Release Team to start regular blogs to keep community
3. Production Working Group Budget for 2010
- Thread started in Google group for brainstorming budget ideas.
- Sam will share Development Budgets for prior years to help us in
- Everyone should share any budget ideas in the budget thread.
4. Developer Site / Joomla! Labs Planning
- We officially endorsed the document Louis wrote called “Joomla!
Development Infrastructure”. This calls for reorganizing the Joomla
SVN server with two primary goals in mind: (1) Open up the SVN to all
developers in the community; and (2) Create a separate code repository
for the upcoming Joomla! Framework. You can read the entire document
- Louis to continue to work with OSM and Rochen to get the new
resources lined up and ready to go.
- Still need someone to look into lighttpd crashes and fix.
- We will need someone to synchronize necessary content from the
existing developer site.
- We will need someone to build a layout override and user plugin for
agreeing to terms of service.