User Experience When A Joomla Upgrade fails

George Wilson

Oct 16, 2015, 12:11:24 PM10/16/15
to Joomla! Production Working Group Leadership
Hi Guys,
There is a GitHub PR here https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/7612 which is dealing with providing a better user experience when a Joomla upgrade fails by Phil.

Nic has kindly offered an array of options (https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/7612#issuecomment-127047796 and https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/7612#issuecomment-148663764) that COULD be implemented in the Joomla Upgrade process. However before contributing the code he wants verification that the feature will be accepted by PLT.

Personally I'm in favour of option 2 provided but not going for option 1 listed. What are your guys thoughts? If we could make a decision sooner rather than later for Nic it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
George

Roland Dalmulder

Oct 28, 2015, 9:02:56 AM10/28/15
to Joomla! Production Working Group Leadership
Hey George,

I agree it would be good to have a better user experience and like you the better of the two is option two. Option one with ignoring everything is not something we should have, having a log is much better to understand what goes down the drain.

So yeah, I am in favour of option 2. If he can do it before next Wednesday (I know it is last minute notice) I can include it in Joomla 3.5.

Regards,

Roland