Production Leadership Team Minutes 1 June 2010

Andrew Eddie

Jun 1, 2010, 7:03:35 PM6/1/10
to joomla-wg-...@googlegroups.com

Production Leadership Team Minutes 1 June 2010

Present: Andrew, Jean-Marie, Mark, Ron
Apologies: Sam, Louis, Ian, Chris, Christophe

Agenda

  1. Reports
    1. JBS
      1. Great two weeks between Beta 1 and Beta 2 of 1.6 being released. In the order of 140 commits to trunk, 115 tracker issues fixed and another 80 issues closed. The need for individual stats to track and, among other things, give kudos to people is becoming more necessary.
      2. A new security issue has been reported so we'll be releasing 1.5.19 within the next 14 days.  We are a member of oCERT now so issues will be handled per their disclosure policy http://www.ocert.org/disclosure_policy.html
  2. Business arising from the previous meeting
    1. Nil
  3. General Business
    1. Categories, user levels, user groups all lack modals and are going to create UI problems when the number of user levels, groups, categories etc get large. Also modules in the menu item view. Patches to provide additional modals will be accepted during the Beta period.
    2. Discussion on frontend filtering vs permissions defered to the JBS list.
    3. A discussion took place on list about using greyed buttons to keep the toolbar consistent. Will deal with this if an issue is logged and patch devised.
    4. About issue in the tracker do we care if the HTML in the install screen validates? http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=20751
    5. Regarding MySQL strict strategy, we will include any simple changes for pain relief but this is not a blocker for going to RC. We will implement a patch to allow Joomla! to run even if server is in strict mode (similar to what we do for 1.5). We will also make changes if possible to move toward strict compliance.
    6. Security issues arising in 1.6 will be handled on the issue tracker during the Beta period, then by the JSST for RC and GA (subject to JSST being happy with this).