CLT Meeting Notes - August 2013

Olaf Offick

Aug 23, 2013, 8:18:40 AM8/23/13
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com

CLT Meeting Notes - August 2013

Meeting Date Options:

  • Wednesday, August 21th 2013

Participants: Peter Martin, Sander Potjer, Olaf Offick, Isidro Baquero, Ruth Cheesley, Guillermo Bravo

Absent:  Brad Baker

Scheduled length of time: 2 hours

Agenda Items & minutes:

  1. JED

- Matt Baylor requested budget for a JED team meeting at the Joomla World Conference, we approved the request so they can start planning their team meetings at JWC (about 6 people).

- Analysing the feedback about the proposal by a third party vendor for security checks on Joomla extensions. Feedback is shared with the vendor for an update of their proposal.

- The requirements doc for the new JED is almost finished, asked several people for some last input on specific areas. Plan is to publish the RFP for the new JED in 1-2 weeks.

- Regarding the updated Terms Of Service: OSM will finish the review by the end of next week.

  1. JRD

The JRD team is working on updating the website with a fresh new site. See http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-aug-2013/item/1455-joomla-resources-directory-time-for-a-change They asked if it is OK if they close the current sites for new listings and don’t migrate the current listings to the new site as both would save a lot of hassle and time. It also allows to cleanup the directory directly. Soon there should be a preview available for the CLT for feedback.

Possible integration with Volunteer portal and maybe connect/link it with a portfolio/showcase as well. Old entries will still be available through some kind of archive. More discussion via email.

Some users are complaining about a slow process, but there could be many reasons for this and it has to be dealt with on an individual basis.

  1. Forum

New Links to the International Forum based on the selected Language implemented, and Restructure of the forum started (e.g. merging components + modules + plugins -> just Extensions)

  1. JCM

Starting a ‘Roundup from JUGs Corner’ article - new jugs, recent activity, highlighting a JUG each month, we have a lot of new spanish articles.

  1. JUG’s

    1. Processing applications for team, notifying people in the next week or so

    2. Ongoing issues with lack of trace-ability of communications - need a helpdesk/ticketing system to keep track & facilitate team working

    3. considering bringing new team together to discuss ToS & processes for the team

  1. Events

    1. JDay Kenya - good attendance, a large body of students - quite a bit of interest in a JUG, seeds sown for getting things started, will follow up this week with the key folks who were interested

    2. Several JDay events coming up - Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Poland?, UK, Rio de Janiero, Denmark

  1. Showcases (http://community.joomla.org/showcase)
    Ron ended his term in PLT and won’t continue as showcase Team Leader. Currently handling the transition to Isidro as a team leader. Once everything is settled, we will start thinking about opening the team to allow new members to join.

  1. CLT members end of terms review
    Setting up a google doc with the self-review questions. After that CLT will look at it to provide feedback and start doing the self-reviews and voting.

  1. JWC CLT attendees/meeting and sessions
    We discussed which CLT members will be able to join the Joomla World Conference this year. The deadline for session proposals is end of this week, so we will make sure to submit CLT sessions.

To comment on this, please discuss this here:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=704&t=814793