Highlights of SoC Mentor Meeting - PLEASE RESPOND!

Ian Maclennan

Apr 9, 2008, 4:31:16 PM4/9/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Hey all,

At our meeting today we started by determining where we were at with
ranking of projects. We determined that while some people had started
ranking, there was a lot left to do. We need to be ranking each
project if desired, indicating those that we would like to mentor. We
have two weeks to rank 101 projects :) This is an all time record for
Joomla! with the summer of code. In 2006 we had about 80 projects and
last year we had about 50. This is a lot of work so we need to get
started on it!

There was a Google spreadsheet prepared that will be shared with the
group. You don't have to use it, but it is there if you think it
would be helpful.

For information on the proposals, you can view the application itself,
and you can also see the discussion on the forum, which Amy has done a
lot of work to get the proposals to a good place.

This year, we are really hoping to keep in constant communication so
that if a student isn't doing their work we can stay on top of it to
catch it early.

Once the ranking is complete, we can start assigning mentors to
projects. We are currently setting the bar to have 15 projects, but
if we are lacking mentors, we will have to drop some of those.

So this is where all of you come in - the more mentors we have the
more students we can accomodate. So, if you are still active and
interested in mentoring, PLEASE PING BACK here so we know you are
still with us and we can gauge how many students we can handle.

Thanks,
Ian

Anthony Ferrara

Apr 9, 2008, 4:35:31 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I'm in...

Ambrose, Paul

Apr 9, 2008, 4:40:34 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I am in.

Paul Ambrose

Wilco Jansen

Apr 9, 2008, 4:49:32 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I'm in

Neri

Apr 9, 2008, 5:05:29 PM4/9/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
I am in.

Wes Morgan

Apr 9, 2008, 5:15:38 PM4/9/08

--
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But
small acts are insufficient."

- Paul Rusesabagina, Rwandan and former hotel manager whose actions
inspired the movie Hotel Rwanda

Matheus Mendes

Apr 9, 2008, 7:12:54 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, I'm in!!

--
Matheus Mendes
http://www.joomla.com.br

Sam Moffatt

Apr 9, 2008, 9:29:58 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
Don't you usually pong back not ping back? :p I'm in
--
Sam Moffatt
http://pasamio.id.au

Nur Aini Rakhmawati

Apr 9, 2008, 9:44:44 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
Aini is here

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Sam Moffatt <pas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Don't you usually pong back not ping back? :p I'm in

--
N^2Women Mobihoc 2008
http://nuraini.net/

Debi & Dan Clarkson

Apr 9, 2008, 11:14:38 PM4/9/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
Count me in ~ deborahSusan

Apr 10, 2008, 8:38:19 AM4/10/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Definitively in !

On Apr 10, 4:14 am, "Debi & Dan Clarkson" <debin...@comcast.net>

Ray (mihu)

Apr 10, 2008, 11:12:54 AM4/10/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
I'll start to score those proposal. :D

John Chenoweth

Apr 10, 2008, 12:41:40 PM4/10/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.
John

Amy Stephen

Apr 14, 2008, 7:46:21 AM4/14/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
I'm in!

My sincere apologies - I am not getting these emails.

I probably have to review my group settings (?)

Wilco Jansen

Apr 14, 2008, 7:49:28 AM4/14/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Should be fixed now Amy...