Which version of mootools should we use?

Ray (mihu)

Jun 25, 2008, 10:53:59 AM6/25/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
JForm will be heavy depend on javascript (mootools). I knew we are
going to switch to mootools 1.2 at some point. Should we use this new
version for GSOC 2008 project, or should we stick with old 1.11
version ?

Thanks,

Wilco Jansen

Jun 25, 2008, 11:15:15 AM6/25/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you use the new version.

Ambrose, Paul

Jun 25, 2008, 11:25:33 AM6/25/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com

I suggest the new version too based on the postings I’ve seen in some extensions developers sites.

Paul Ambrose, Ph.D.,

(262) 472-4816 (Work)

ambr...@uww.edu

http://blogs.uww.edu/ambrosep/

http://wicits.uww.edu

Ray (mihu)

Jun 26, 2008, 10:52:07 AM6/26/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Thank you! :D

On Jun 25, 8:25 am, "Ambrose, Paul" <ambro...@uww.edu> wrote:
> I suggest the new version too based on the postings I've seen in some
> extensions developers sites.
>
> Paul Ambrose, Ph.D.,
>
> (262) 472-4816 (Work)
>
> ambro...@uww.edu
>
> http://blogs.uww.edu/ambrosep/
>
> http://wicits.uww.edu

Ray (mihu)

Jul 24, 2008, 12:43:14 PM7/24/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Hi, Guys ...
I got another question regard to the version issue.
If I asked my student to convert the code into mootools 1.2, it will
not working with the current version of Joomla.
Should I still go ahead and ask the student to stick with mootools
1.2?

Thank in advance

Best,

Ray

Wilco Jansen

Jul 24, 2008, 5:41:58 PM7/24/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest yes. There is a backward compatibility option in Mootools 1.2, but I am not certain if it works properly when activating it in  Joomla! If your student is able to also do some ground work for the migration to 1.2 this would be awesome, if your student get's stuck because of the new version please let us know so we could discuss again.