Call for mentor meeting

Wilco Jansen

Apr 7, 2008, 8:14:57 AM4/7/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Hi Everyone,

Today the application term for the students ends. If all goes
according to the revised timeline (see
http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline) we
will be able to start the ranking this week (we have time till 18
April).

Since past meeting we have added some new mentors, and some where not
able to attend this meeting. I want to schedule a new meeting:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=4&year=2008&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=16

During this meeting we will talk about the upcoming steps, and of
course we will try to inform everyone about what we expect from
everyone. If you cannot be available, but still need to be informed
please contact Ian or me.

If you still are not in the public skype channel, make sure you get
added asap. Contact me at Skype: wilco.jansen so I can add you to this
channel (a separate mentor channel is also created, we will add you
also as soon as you contact us). Please start reading the proposals,
and comment them if needed. We have 87 projects to rank, so that is a
lot of work...

If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to contact Ian or me
at any time.

Wilco

Nur Aini Rakhmawati

Apr 7, 2008, 11:39:12 AM4/7/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I am really sorry ... I could not make it again
too early for me to wake up at that time

--
N^2Women Mobihoc 2008
http://nuraini.net/

Matheus Mendes

Apr 7, 2008, 11:47:38 AM4/7/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
count on me wilco

--
Matheus Mendes
http://www.joomla.com.br

Ray (mihu)

Apr 7, 2008, 11:52:25 AM4/7/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
I can not make it since my company blocked the skype.
I would like to know what's going on during the meeting for sure.
Is it possible to have some private area hold the summary or entire of
the meet conversation.

Thanks,

On Apr 7, 8:47 am, "Matheus Mendes" <bigodi...@joomla.com.br> wrote:
> count on me wilco
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Nur Aini Rakhmawati <nurai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am really sorry ... I could not make it again
> > too early for me to wake up at that time
>
> > > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=4&ye...

Wes Morgan

Apr 7, 2008, 12:16:05 PM4/7/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.

Wes

--
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But
small acts are insufficient."

- Paul Rusesabagina, Rwandan and former hotel manager whose actions
inspired the movie Hotel Rwanda

Mickael Maison

Apr 7, 2008, 1:52:10 PM4/7/08
to Joomla! Summer of Code 2008
Count on me !

Mickael

On Apr 7, 5:16 pm, "Wes Morgan" <cap10mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be there.
>
> Wes
>

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Wilco Jansen <jansen.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
>
> > Today the application term for the students ends. If all goes
> > according to the revised timeline (see
> > http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline) we
> > will be able to start the ranking this week (we have time till 18
> > April).
>
> > Since past meeting we have added some new mentors, and some where not
> > able to attend this meeting. I want to schedule a new meeting:
>
> > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=4&ye...

Neri

Apr 7, 2008, 3:44:57 PM4/7/08

On 7 Apr, 08:14, Wilco Jansen <jansen.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Today the application term for the students ends. If all goes
> according to the revised timeline (seehttp://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline) we
> will be able to start the ranking this week (we have time till 18
> April).
>
> Since past meeting we have added some new mentors, and some where not
> able to attend this meeting. I want to schedule a new meeting:
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=4&ye...

Debi & Dan Clarkson

Apr 7, 2008, 4:07:56 PM4/7/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
Time is fixed on Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 9:00 PM Amsterdam time

Wilco ~ My schedule is open for an hour, but I'll need to hit the road afterwards.

So, let me recap what I've been doing.  I've read most of the proposals, last night I went back and added my comments to the ones that hadn't had much activity (or caught my interest).  I didn't comment on those that had a lot of other comments, or had very qualified mentors addressing them. Is that ok?

Until the meeting, I'll post a few more comments.

Following the meeting and hearing your guidance, I'll start ranking the proposals. Is that when we make input as to the project that I would like to mentor? Thx ~ deborahSusan

Wilco Jansen

Apr 7, 2008, 4:52:37 PM4/7/08
to joomla-summer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deborah,

I really like what you are doing, this is exactly what needs to be done. And thanks for letting us know!

The ranking option will be available soon, but that will be subject of our meeting. I will try to write down some meeting minutes from the meeting so everyone who is not able to come will be informed.