Reallocated Budget PLT 2015

robert...@community.joomla.org

Mar 24, 2015, 12:58:21 PM3/24/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the PLT discussed the new situation and reallocated the money mostly within the PLT Budget. For transparency and maybe a discussion we like to share the result with you all. We will make an official request to OSM to vote on the new situation if needed.

Here is the short version if someone just need the facts:

* We moved USD 10000 to JET program.
* Most of the money was moved to code sprints for different topics
* We also added some money to the "Increase attendance and speaking engagements" because in the Budget process we had to cut these positions.

Detail are available in the sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SC8I3z39OSJtZa2Qy4jcmetXDz2pas0H51hNVVJAqo/edit?usp=sharing

There is a column changed as indicator, if we changed this line item or not.

Cheers,
Robert

Victor Drover

Mar 24, 2015, 2:05:40 PM3/24/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robert,

Bumping up your existing line items is wise. I'm thrilled that the idea of more spending on code sprints is moving forward.

Also, your comment about restoring cuts made me realize that all three LTs took cuts to balance the budget. If there is a surplus due to GSOC, my thought is that each team gain some ground on their cuts. OSM could definitely use the $10,000 it cut from the legal budget in the last round.

With this in mind, a way forward might be to split the funds. CLT may or may not want all of that share to go to JET.

I look forward to feedback from you and our other leaders.

Warm Regards,

Victor Drover
Treasurer, Open Source Matters
Kick-ass Reimbursement Processor
262-309-4140
@VicDrover

Robert Deutz

Jul 9, 2015, 1:22:10 AM7/9/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

PLT discussed this in Prague and decided to add the 10000 USD also to the code sprint budget. We have a lot of code sprints planned this year and we feel the most important task for the project is to move forward with the software.

I updated the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SC8I3z39OSJtZa2Qy4jcmetXDz2pas0H51hNVVJAqo/edit?usp=sharing

If I need to do more as this to make an official request to OSM to vote on our budget change request, please tell me what I have to do more.

Cheers,
Robert

Victor Drover

Jul 9, 2015, 7:32:22 AM7/9/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
I will bring the issue up for a vote at the next meeting.