Creating clear motions for ratification

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 21, 2015, 6:18:25 PM7/21/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

To ensure that everyone knows exactly what documents they are being asked to ratify, I'd strongly recommend that one of the following motion procedures by used for all future motions brought before us for vote.

1) Include the entirety of the item(s) to be ratified in the motion itself.

Example:  "I move to publish 'We support World Burrito Day' on the www.opensourcematters.org website."

or

2) Memorialize the item(s) to be ratified in a unique PDF document (with a unique date, version number, and filename if necessary) and reference them directly within the motion.

Example:  "I move to approve the execution of 'Open Source Matters Proclamation Supporting World Burrito Day' version 42, located at http://www.openfilestorage.org/12389khkh89789dsfd897dsfsdfsdf09dfsd8f"

The goal here is to be clear and specific about the action to be taken, without any question as to what is being ratified.  Anyone have any concerns about this concept?

Cheers,
Ryan

Tessa Mero

Jul 21, 2015, 6:20:36 PM7/21/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1 on World Burrito Day

+1 on this concept so we are all clear on communication

Robert Deutz

Jul 23, 2015, 2:46:42 PM7/23/15
to Joomla Leadership Team, tessa...@joomla.org
I agree 100% I am not quite sure if we should limit the world Burrito day only to one day, I have seen that Burittos can make someone happy every day, but in general I agree to the concept.

Robert