My Retirement

Louis Landry

Aug 3, 2011, 1:33:02 AM8/3/11
to Joomla! Leadership Team
Hi all,

As i've told most of you over the last few days I am officially retiring form Joomla Leadership.  It has been an incredible journey this past 5+ years, and I thank all of you for the passion, knowledge and fun you've shared with me along the way.  We have accomplished so much as a project during my time that it boggles the mind.  To think of how immature and chaotic we were as an organization in the beginning, and where we stand today speaks volumes.

Nothing will ever be perfect in this project (or any other) and there is much to do, but I have complete confidence in you all to continue finding success on the road ahead.  I will continue to contribute heavily to the platform project when I have time, and you all know how to get in touch with me if you need something.  It has been a true honor to work with everyone over the years, I will cherish it always.

Cheers,
Louis

Ryan W. Ozimek

Aug 3, 2011, 1:45:59 AM8/3/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Louis,

It's been an honor to work alongside you all these years. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we were having Anchor Steam beers in SF during LinuxWorld, but my, what a wild ride.

Your contributions to the project have been tremendous and I look forward to seeing more of them in the future. Thank you for sharing your leadership, wisdom, and passion with the rest of us.

Best,
Ryan

Wendy Robinson

Aug 3, 2011, 5:06:38 AM8/3/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Louis,

There are not enough words to express my appreciation for your guidance and support and your vision over all these years. You have been, and will continue to be, an inspiration to us all.

I wish you all the best for the future :)

Thank You.

Wendy

Mark Dexter

Aug 3, 2011, 9:30:47 AM8/3/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Louis, thanks so much for all that you have taught me over the past couple years. I will miss your wise and experienced voice in leadership. However, I am very happy that you plan to be around for (occasional?) questions and advice and that you plan to continue your awesome work on the platform. Mark

Brad Baker

Aug 3, 2011, 5:08:38 PM8/3/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com, louis....@gmail.com
Hey.. don't you need permission to retire?

In all seriousness, words cannot express the debt of gratitude all users of Joomla owe you Louis. Personally, I've enjoyed working alongside you for these many years. Hope to keep in touch, especially seeing as I could not meet-up with you (and all the others) in person last week.

Sandra Warren

Aug 3, 2011, 5:23:38 PM8/3/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
In case I have not made it perfectly clear, you are not allowed to leave :P

That being said, I really have enjoyed working with you and hope to stay in close contact with you as I have appreciated your leadership and friendship in this great community.

Hugs
Sandra

Matt Lipscomb

Aug 4, 2011, 1:31:01 AM8/4/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Louis,

Getting to know you has been a pleasure and I'm sad to see you leave - but I wish you much success in your current and future endeavors.  I look forward to seeing you in Chicago this weekend where I can say it in person.

~Matt

Paul Orwig

Aug 4, 2011, 10:17:31 AM8/4/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

Thanks for all of the time and passion and vision that you have contributed to the Joomla project and the community for many years, in addition to all that code. Thanks also for being invested, engaged, and involved all the way through last weekend at the leadership summit.

I wish you all the best for what lies ahead!

Thanks again,

paul

Peter Martin

Aug 7, 2011, 7:46:41 PM8/7/11
to Joomla Leadership
Hi Louis,

It was great meeting you again at the Joomla Leadership Summit and to
discuss with you about the project.

Thank you for all your hard work and efforts for the Joomla project
over the years!
I'll hope to meet you again some day in the future again and to
continue our discussions.

Thanks,
Peter Martin

On Aug 4, 4:17 pm, Paul Orwig <paul.or...@community.joomla.org> wrote:
> Hi Louis,
>
> Thanks for all of the time and passion and vision that you have contributed
> to the Joomla project and the community for many years, in addition to all
> that code. Thanks also for being invested, engaged, and involved all the way
> through last weekend at the leadership summit.
>
> I wish you all the best for what lies ahead!
>
> Thanks again,
>
> paul
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Matt Lipscomb <

Dianne Henning

Aug 7, 2011, 10:58:25 PM8/7/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Louis,

It was a pleasure to get to know you. I am looking forward to seeing you at some J events in the future!

Best of luck with your endeavors!
Dianne

Javier Gomez

Aug 8, 2011, 6:02:07 AM8/8/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Louis for all your work done in leading tasks in the Joomla project. I happy to see that this is not a good bye and that we will continue seeing you in the Platform project.

See you soon.
--
Javier Gomez
OpenSourceMatters

Chris Davenport

Aug 8, 2011, 6:35:24 PM8/8/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

It has been an honour and a privilege to have worked with you these last few years.  Your skill as a developer is matched only by your leadership and your willingness to pass your knowledge and understanding to others is an example to us all.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great things from the platform project and I sincerely hope that our paths will cross again soon.

Thank you.

Chris.

Chris Davenport
Joomla Leadership Team - Production Working Group
Joomla Documentation Coordinator