Upcoming Transition

David Jardin

Nov 5, 2016, 5:41:21 AM11/5/16
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

as I read my mails this morning, I was very, very happy to see that the transition is now finally on a good way to make it’s final steps and the move to the new structure will be made soon.

Those of you who followed the original discussion and voting about the structure change proposal know, that I never was a fan of it, because I think that it wants to solve human-level problems with structure-level changes. I still stand behind that opinion, and that’s why I’m writing this email to all of you to ask you for something: please reflect your own role in the leadership conflicts during the last years, ask yourself if you are still able to work with the current (and potential new) leadership members in a constructive, cooperative  and trustful way - and if you have doubts about this (and I can honestly say that I can count myself in here), please do not apply for a leadership position in the new structure.

This project has spent way to much time with fights between leadership teams and distrust - I deeply believe that we need a fresh re-start with new people that combine their forces to move the project as a whole forward.

Thanks!

I wish you all a great weekend!

Cheers,
David

--
Kind Regards,
David Jardin

Ronni Christiansen

Nov 6, 2016, 7:15:57 PM11/6/16
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Human-level problems can be formed by structure-level solutions.

Good people come and go, or good peoples ability to work together come and go.

So a structural approach to change outcomes is a very fundamental approach that does not isolate its focus on opionions of the individuals but instead of facilitating the best possible out comes by structure.

That said, which we clearly still disagree upon :) i agree with the intent of your mail, and i will not be running either (as i have stated previously more than once).