Copy Editing - Spelling, Syntax, Punctuation, Usage

Kent Morrison

Jan 5, 2014, 3:22:23 PM1/5/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joomla Documentation Authors,
Hello Everyone!

I have just joined the for the express purpose of doing Copy Editing for the Joomla Docs.
This means that I'm looking for pages that need to have Spelling, Syntax, Punctuation, and Usage reviewed and corrected as necessary.

I'm familiarizing with the foundations of Style and Principles, and I see the "Needs Review" tags on some pages.

PLEASE, if you have new pages, or pages to which you have made major revisions, call these to my attention, so that I can copy edit them for you?
Just send me a link to the page, and I'll reply to you after I have reviewed and corrected as needed.

I know that everyone knows how to write, and spell, and punctuate properly, but it's very hard to copy edit your own work.
That's why I'm involved, to help you with that.

INTRO
I'm an old guy that has beee using Joomla since it was Mambo, and before that used Typo3.
Experience with Unix/Linux sysadmin, LAN/WAN and general IT operations.

For references, please see my portfolio website:

I work in the areas of:
- Joomla 3.x web dev
- 3D Design and rendering
- Interactive web maps

I'm very proud of Joomla and very proud to be a part of the JoomlaDocs team!

Happy New Year!

Kent Morrison

Chad Windnagle

Jan 5, 2014, 4:32:35 PM1/5/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kent:

I just want to thank you for offering to do this! I know the finer points of proper english punctuation sometimes escapes me so I for one am very grateful for your offer! Also we no doubt have a number of contributors who are not native english speakers, so this is a great opportunity for overall improvement.

-Chad

Regards,
Chad Windnagle

Webdongle

Jan 5, 2014, 4:55:58 PM1/5/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

The joomla docs does use English/UK [en-gb] spelling and grammar ... yes ?
Message has been deleted

Brian Teeman

Jan 5, 2014, 5:39:56 PM1/5/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Yes it should do.

Mark Russell

Nov 13, 2015, 1:28:07 PM11/13/15
to Joomla! Documentation
Correction: I am an old guy <strike>that</strike> who ...

Sincerely,
Comrade Mark Russell
Grammar Bolshevik