CSS issue with API Ref pages on the dev wiki

Chris Davenport

Jun 2, 2006, 11:49:14 AM6/2/06
to joomla-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been trying to catch up on reviewing Ian's pages (sorry for the
delay Ian, I've been snowed under with work just recently) and I've
noticed that some pages, like this one
http://dev.joomla.org/index.php?option=com_jd-wiki&Itemid=31&id=reference
s:joomla.framework:application:jauthenticatehelper-genrandompassword
overflow the right-hand margin when viewed with Firefox. With M$ IE it
displays just fine, but with Firefox some pages can be difficult to
read.

I'm not sure what's causing it. I've even tried splitting the header
block as you can see from this page, but to no avail. So I'm guessing
that there is a problem with the CSS.

Could someone take a look please?

Regards,
Chris.

--
Chris Davenport
ch...@dcsnet.demon.co.uk

Shayne Bartlett

Jun 2, 2006, 8:39:35 PM6/2/06
to joomla-d...@googlegroups.com
I'll take a look now.

Cheers
Shayne

m.schmuck

Jun 3, 2006, 8:59:59 PM6/3/06
to joomla-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean the title is overflowing? If maybe i can make the fontsize
of the title a litle smaller?

Marko

Shayne Bartlett schrieb:

--
Marko Schmuck

Joomla! Core Member

Chris Davenport

Jun 7, 2006, 6:38:41 AM6/7/06
to joomla-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marko,

Okay, I think I know what is happening. The titles on these pages are
extending too far to the right and are not being wrapped by Firefox (IE
wraps them although it tends to clip the bottom off the second line of
text). The problem is that the title is a full wiki-path with no spaces
in it so this will happen whenever we get a particularly long wiki-path.
Reducing the font size may work but it's not ideal. A better solution
would be to get Firefox to split the title like IE so that it will work
regardless of screen resolution. Is there a CSS directive to make that
happen?

Attached is a screen shot of what I'm seeing...

Clipboard01.png