Is the Joomla 1.5 svn Installation final?

Daniel Mendes

May 23, 2006, 9:17:45 AM5/23/06
to Joomla! Developer Documentation
Good Morning,

I am doing some wink/flash demos of Joomla and i would like to know if
the Joomla 1.5 installation on SVN nightly is the final installation
process?

Also is the backend interface finished?

I have been testing it, and it looks very solid to me, excellent work
over the joomla 1.0 backend, much better workflow.

If the installation process is final, and there wont be any cosmetic
changes on the backend in terms of interface, a grand tour of the
backend would be helpful for newcomers, i think. I will do so, if not i
will wait until further notice.

I want to have as many wink/flash demos as possible for the 1.5 beta
release, so ppl can really test this beta for stability and bugs.

Thank you all for your time,
-Dan

Johan Janssens

May 24, 2006, 10:05:13 PM5/24/06
to Joomla! Developer Documentation
Hi Dan,

The backend interface isn't finished yet. We are working very hard to
add the final nuts and bolts before declaring it feature complete. U
can follow our progress on the task tracker :
http://forge.joomla.org/sf/taskmgr/do/listTasks/projects.joomla/taskmgr.development.1_1

I will keep u updated once the backend is declared feature complete so
u can start creating wink/flash demos. Excellent idea by the way !

Cheers,

Johan

Daniel Mendes

May 25, 2006, 7:35:01 AM5/25/06
to Joomla! Developer Documentation
Excellent :)

I will do just the Joomla 1.5 installation demo for now.

I have setup a webpage for this, at www.im-thinking.com (it is a
temporary page until i design a proper joomla template) that will start
featuring joomla movies, tonight i will add the first one, the Joomla
SMF Bridge Video Tutorial.

Well I hope i you guys enjoy the effort, i don't think the movies are
for experts like the ppl on the list, just for newbies that want to get
a quick start.

-Dan

Johan Janssens

May 25, 2006, 9:24:43 AM5/25/06
to Joomla! Developer Documentation
Hi Dan,

I'm very excited about this, maybe that wasn't clear from my previous
message. Video tutorials and preview of 1.5 will be a great asset to
promote the system to new users and users moving from 1.0.

Thanks,

Johan

Daniel Mendes

May 25, 2006, 2:19:25 PM5/25/06
to Joomla! Developer Documentation
Hi Johan,

I appreciate your support and encouragement :)

The first movie is up, more will follow... I will also try to do some
Migration movies (Joomla v1.0 -> Joomla v1.5) it is early, but i will
study the best way to do this.

All the Best,
-Dan

David Gal

May 26, 2006, 7:09:43 AM5/26/06
to joomla-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan

You can use this as a baseline for migration documentation or movies
http://dev.joomla.org/component/option,com_jd-wp/Itemid,33/p,107/

Cheers,
David

Daniel Mendes

May 26, 2006, 8:10:09 AM5/26/06
to Joomla! Developer Documentation
Hi David,

Thank you very much for the link, I had read your article and
bookmarked it, i felt it was IMPORTANT stuff, it is a great article! I
will study your notes and try to come up with a movie plan...

BTW, I am updating the movie I already did with a database section, and
menu section, 2nd Edition is comming soon an should cover allot more
ground after that i will be doing a JoomlaFish Tutorial, and after that
a Migration tutorial.

All the Best,
-Dan