Google Summer of Code

Shayne Bartlett

Apr 25, 2006, 11:32:35 AM4/25/06
to joomla-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As you may be aware Joomla! is a participant in the Google Summer of
Code 2006, last year as Mambo we were very successful with all but one
project being completed.

The Summer of Code requires the Host projects (ie. Joomla!) to provide
mentors. I will be one as will many of the Core Devs. The project I'm
hoping will be taken up is a Docbook framework for Joomla!. Obviously
Docbook would be a great addition to Joomla!, but it would also be of
great benefit to the documentation particularly the API as we would be
able to import the Docbook phpDoc output into Joomla!. If any of you
would be interested in becoming a Co-Mentor for this project let me know.

@Graham... this might fit well with what you were looking at doing.

There are several other projects we have listed as idea's you can see
them here... http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/1360/85/

If any of you have a personal interest in any of the other project
idea's, let me know as Johan we could use extra Mentors.

Cheers
Shayne