Re: [jgen] Digest for joomla-dev-general@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

George Byers

Jun 28, 2024, 10:52:13 AMJun 28
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
It could be that Facebook has cached the original favicon, component name, etc. It may take some time to actually update on their end.

George Byers II - Detroit, MI

LinkedIn - ZCE
Principal Enterprise Software Engineer / Audio Engineer / General Business Partner

On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 6:47 AM <joomla-de...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Harold Smith <haroldscot...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 04:47PM -0700

Hello,
I'm assisting a client with a peculiar issue. When he posts the homepage
link to Facebook, my component's name and description with his logo are
displayed, despite us having replaced and removed that information. This
issue only occurs with the homepage link; all other links post correctly.
I tested a site backup on my server, and it worked fine. We've cleared the
cache, checked the browser cache, examined all menu items, reviewed all
page builder areas, and searched the database, but we can't find the issue
anywhere.
Since the clean backup worked, it appears the problem might be cached
somewhere from his server.
Any suggestions?

Host: Plex
Joomla 5.1.0
PHP 8.2.29
No CDN or Cloud
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.