Adding a confirmation to jgrid.action

Steven Berkson

Apr 23, 2024, 3:14:39 PMApr 23
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for adding a confirmation dialogue to a jgrid.action link?

I have a backend column that indicates if an invoice is paid or unpaid. Clicking on it uses jgrid.action to change the field value of the paid column. I am adding a feature to send an email notification to the end user when the status is changed.

I cannot seem to intercept the link click and confirm before the system JavaScript proceeds to submit the form.

I’ve tried

jQuery('a[data-item-task$=togglePaid]').on('click', function(e) {

e.stopPropagation();

              e.preventDefault();

              return confirm('Are you sure you want to change the paid status of this item?');

});

And basically the same without jQuery, but it does not stop the process. My current solution is to use the link and only use the batch process which has a confirmation already.

So, an ideas on how to add a confirmation to a jgrid link?