500 layout default not found - but there is [J4]

Glenn Arkell

Oct 3, 2021, 9:30:32 PM10/3/21
to Joomla! General Development
Having a spot of "can't see the woods for the trees" around Admin side of my component when I save the new record or edit an existing record - not being able to return to the list view.
I DO have a default.php in my multiples tmpl folder.
When I click the toolbar buttom "Save & Close" the record gets saved no problem at all but remains on the edit page with only the toolbar buttons display (and inactive) with the error showing 500 layout default not found.  Same applies when editing an existing record and clicking the Close button (ToolbarHelper::cancel('aircraft.cancel', 'JTOOLBAR_CLOSE');).
It appears that the parent::display is dropping the "s" when it comes to the redirect.
When displaying $this->default_view from my DisplayController it clears shows "aircrafts".  So where could the problem be?
Any guidance appreciated.

Glenn Arkell

Oct 3, 2021, 10:18:33 PM10/3/21
to Joomla! General Development
OK, now I'm confused.  Have we injected some semblance of intelligence in J4 or is this a co-incidence.  I've had some issues with naming of "elements" of my components around the multiples views.

eg... I had Diary and Diarys for my views and Proxy and Proxys  - both these failed miserably with an error along the lines of view proxies not found or view diaries not found.

Now I'm having problems trying to return to the multiples of Aircraft and of course in the English language the word Aircraft is both singular and plural.  So as a test I just renamed everything on my recent component to Aircraftac and Aircraftacs.  Low and behold everything works.  Similarly I renamed my Diary/Diarys to Diarysqn/Diarysqns and all is fine.

Any comments around this?