Joomla 4 Frontend Registration Form

Beat Oeschger

Sep 18, 2022, 7:34:41 PMSep 18
to Joomla! General Development
Hi everyone,
With Joomla 4.4.2 I'd like to program a component for course registrations (I know there are such components available, but for learning reasons I'd like to do it myself). Entering  and editing courses in the backend already works.

But I'm struggling with a registration form for participants in the front end. I read this guide but it's still for J3 with old classes and so on. I also tried to adapt the frontend part of the J4 contact component but this one is interlocking with many other details not needed for a simple registration form. Also the mywalks tutorial was helpful for developing.

So I'm looking for a kind of a tutorial / guidelines for opening a registration form in the frontend, storing data to a database table and sending confirmation emails.

Thanks for support in advance
Beat

MarkRS

Sep 19, 2022, 4:24:17 AMSep 19
to Joomla! General Development
Yes, J4 documentation is hard to come by.  There's some good news though.  Firstly, although J4 is quite different in some respects, there are also many similarities.  There's the beginnings of a guide at

Don't be put off by the first page, go to the second and you'll start seeing real information. That'll give you information about the differences, and then you'll be able to get more value out of the J3 docs too.

Other than that, ask specific questions either here or the J! community forum and hopefully you'll be able to get some useful feedback.