Website Home link

Harold Smith

Jun 27, 2024, 7:47:51 PMJun 27
to Joomla! General Development
Hello,
I'm assisting a client with a peculiar issue. When he posts the homepage link to Facebook, my component's name and description with his logo are displayed, despite us having replaced and removed that information. This issue only occurs with the homepage link; all other links post correctly.
I tested a site backup on my server, and it worked fine. We've cleared the cache, checked the browser cache, examined all menu items, reviewed all page builder areas, and searched the database, but we can't find the issue anywhere.
Since the clean backup worked, it appears the problem might be cached somewhere from his server.
Any suggestions?

Host: Plex
Joomla 5.1.0
PHP 8.2.29
No CDN or Cloud

Harold Smith

Jun 28, 2024, 12:37:23 PMJun 28
to Joomla! General Development
Thank you  George Byers for the response.  This led me to the FB Sharing Debugger that worked well in determining the issue.