Joomla 3 how to remove leading and trailing spaces in registration

eduardo villanueva

Mar 30, 2022, 11:36:39 PM3/30/22
to Joomla! General Development
How to I edit registration form to automatically remove spaces? Thank you

wedev lops

Mar 30, 2022, 11:39:31 PM3/30/22
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the questions but you may adjust the CSS on your template file.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 11:36 AM eduardo villanueva <eduardovil...@gmail.com> wrote:
How to I edit registration form to automatically remove spaces? Thank you

Peter Tuson

Apr 13, 2022, 8:48:31 AM4/13/22
to Joomla! General Development
If you mean how do you remove spaces from user entered data on registration before it is saved, then:

The registration function within the User Registration Model enables the User Plugins before saving the user data so you should be able to use one of these to clean up the data.

If you look at plugins/user you will find an example profile plugin. This has a plugin.php file and within that there is a onUserBeforeSave event.

You should be able to modify this to create a simple plugin to do what I think you want to do. Sorry if I misinterpreted it.

Regards,

Peter.