Sharing site component page with the admin component

Richard Slabbert

Jul 29, 2021, 2:35:03 AM7/29/21
to Joomla! General Development
Hello fellow Joomla Devs,

I have a reporting component that comprises of a "report builder" and a "report viewer". It is both a backend and a frontend component.

In the "report builder", a FRONTEND user can build their own reports. However, I am needing the BACKEND user to also be able to access this report builder to be able to create reports in the backend component as well.

Is there any way I can share a frontend report builder with the backend component?

I tried creating a plugin to render the reportbuilder in the backend and got it to render, but when I tried to get the user from JUser it returned the frontend user, not the backend user.

Let me know if you need clarity on anything.

Thanks in advance!
Richard

Richard Slabbert

Jul 29, 2021, 2:41:25 AM7/29/21
to Joomla! General Development
I realize I was not clear in some points so I have rewritten my question:

I have a reporting component that comprises of a "report builder" and a "report viewer". The component has a backend and a frontend part.

In the "report builder", a FRONTEND user can build their own reports. However, I am needing the BACKEND user to also be able to access this report builder to be able to create reports in the backend part of the component.

Is there any way I can share the report builder with the backend component?

I tried creating a plugin to render the reportbuilder in the backend and got it to render, but when I tried to get the user from JUser in one of the ajax calls, it returned the frontend user, not the backend user.

Let me know if you need clarity on anything.