Trouble getting admin model working

Cole Coffman

Aug 27, 2022, 4:16:36 PMAug 27
to Joomla! General Development
Good Morning,
I'm working in a group for a school project and we are trying to develop a Joomla component. We are having issues trying to get a model for the admin side of the page working. We have managed to get a model working for the site part of the component but can't seem to get it to work for the admin side of things. We have followed the Joomla docs for 4.x but they are pretty lacking compared to 3.x. Right now we are just wanting the component to just grab a message from the model and render it in the view. While debugging I can see that the models array is empty for the admin pages, but filled in for the site pages. What is the difference in implementing a model for the admin side of things compared to the site?

MarkRS

Aug 28, 2022, 5:57:28 AMAug 28
to Joomla! General Development
Seeing your (admin) code would probably help because the answer "the difference hasn't changed much since J3" is probably not a lot of use to you.