Online Joomla 4 code documentation

Anjan Bhushan

Sep 7, 2022, 4:13:11 AMSep 7
to Joomla! General Development
Dear All,
I have generated code documentation for latest version of Joomla 4. I will maintain it to keep it updated, If you found it helpful, please share. If you didn't like something, please provide your feedback.
Code Documentation is available at Joomla 4 Code Documents
You may also Visit homepage of the site and use the link to view code documentation.
Homepage
If you need Joomla 3 docs as well, based on feedback  I can maintain that as well.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Have a great day to everyone
regards,
anjan

MarkRS

Sep 7, 2022, 7:47:11 AMSep 7
to Joomla! General Development
This appears to be a file listing of the basic installation listing how many lines are in each file.  I couldn't see any code documentation at all.  Have I missed something?

Anjan Bhushan

Sep 7, 2022, 8:52:59 AMSep 7
to Joomla! General Development
Thank you for feedback.Instead of generating the code documents, just after unzipping the Installed file, should I generate the documents, after Install? Do you think, that would add value to community? phpxref has option to provide database details for generating the document as well. Also, although, PHPXref was last updated in 2010, before generating the documents, I had added all  functions of PHP 8.1 in functions list.
Please advise,
anjan

MarkRS

Sep 7, 2022, 10:08:05 AMSep 7
to Joomla! General Development
Well, since you ask... :)

Personally I think documentation that simply lists things that I could see immediately in the code isn't really adding much value.  I can immediately see how many lines in a program file (though I don't see much value in knowing that).  I can easily find class/method/property declarations and see the basic facts there.

Documentation should help understanding, not just be a list of what is there to read.  "Unfortunately" this type of documentation that takes some thinking, not just an automatic tool.

Others may have different opinions, of course :-)