Problem adding joomla/event to my project

Matias Aguirre

Oct 16, 2016, 12:51:41 PM10/16/16
to Joomla! Framework Development

I have a problem with joomla/event and joomla/date version and i cannot found the answer, maybe here someone has some idea. Note that i'm using the 2.0 version of both packages

Steps to reproduce the issue

$ composer require matware-lab/jupgradenext:dev-master

Expected result

Is expected that package matware-lag/jupgradenext install correctly

Actual result

./composer.json has been created Loading composer repositories with package information Updating dependencies Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages. Problem 1 - Installation request for matware-lab/jupgradenext dev-master -> satisfiable by matware-lab/jupgradenext[dev-master]. - matware-lab/jupgradenext dev-master requires joomla/event 2.0.*@dev -> satisfiable by joomla/event[2.0.x-dev] but these conflict with your requirements or minimum-stability. Installation failed, deleting ./composer.json.

System information (as much as possible)

$ uname -a Linux escorpio 4.4.0-38-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 6 15:42:33 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ php -v PHP 7.0.11-2+deb.sury.org~trusty+2 (cli) ( NTS ) $ composer -version Composer version 1.2.1 2016-09-12 11:27:19

Michael Babker

Oct 16, 2016, 12:58:11 PM10/16/16
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
It seems like the project you're trying to include that in isn't allowing you to include non-stable dependencies.

---

Matias Aguirre

Oct 16, 2016, 5:46:01 PM10/16/16
to Joomla! Framework Development
Do you mean matware-lab/jupgradenext? Or some other project included into composer.json?

Michael Babker

Oct 16, 2016, 6:25:24 PM10/16/16
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
If you're running `composer require matware-lab/jupgradenext` then you're trying to include that project into another parent project. For the sake of argument, lets say I ran that command on the help screen proxy app (joomla/help-site) and that's the parent. Even though matware-lab/jupgradenext says that it allows dev dependencies (and explicitly requires some), my parent app's minimum stability is set to stable even though it has dependencies to dev versions (but those are explicitly requested versus having my global configuration set to allow dev stability). Once I add the "minimum-stability": "dev" config to my composer.json file my parent project correctly resolves the dependencies.

So in your parent project's composer.json file, you need to set the minimum stability to dev before you can include it.

Matias Aguirre

Oct 17, 2016, 4:15:58 PM10/17/16
to Joomla! Framework Development
You are a genius, thanks very much Michael
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to joomla-dev-framework+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-framework.