Mozilla's Pontoon for Joomla translations?

Joerg

Mar 28, 2018, 2:19:16 PM3/28/18
to Joomla! CMS Development
While reading https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/19353, it came into my mind that in the long run it might be a good idea to use an open source solution for translations rather than commercial systems like Transifex, Crowdin, etc. At present we use transifex for our Joomla extension, which still allows open source projects to use it for free. However, restrictions are increasing, compared to the features available for the paid for version. The same probably might be or might become true for Crowdin.

Perhaps it is worth to have a closer look at Mozilla's Pontoon project and check if that could be nice alternative for Joomla translations in the future.
Have a look around here: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/teams/
Maybe click on the homepage first :-)

Joerg

Mar 28, 2018, 3:22:36 PM3/28/18