Live-site configuration value

Izhar Aazmi

Apr 26, 2018, 7:44:53 AM4/26/18
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
As I can see the live_site value is supported in JUri::base, however this configuration option is not visible in backend form for global configuration.

So I was wondering whether we are supporting the feature actively or we are carrying it just for compatibility reasons?

Hannes Papenberg

Apr 26, 2018, 7:57:00 AM4/26/18
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
We are actively supporting that feature, but only for those that need
it. Those have to edit their configuration.php and edit the value there.
We also only use it in JUri. It is not something that 3PD should mess
around with.

Hannes

Izhar Aazmi

Apr 26, 2018, 8:19:40 AM4/26/18
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
What would be the ideal use case when someone need it? As we know Joomla can automatically detect the value.

Hannes Papenberg

Apr 26, 2018, 8:28:42 AM4/26/18
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
You need this in very few cases, like being behind a loadbalancer or
similar stuff. Basically, when Joomla can't auto-detect the value.