Tryed 3.7 beta4 - very disappointed

Alexx Lebedinsky

Apr 2, 2017, 10:44:34 AM4/2/17
to Joomla! CMS Development, magn...@yandex.ru
Hi everyone !

Sorry for my words, but J3.7 is not what I expected.

1. New router - will be next J. Maby 4. Or 5. All complicated...
2. Custom fields - whith plugins ? Its allready been in 3rd-party component (dont remember name) - database overload. Why ? There is way much better.
3. I very expected 1 field - URL. And what are we have ? One 'input' for link ? Awful...

It had to be:
-custom field
- with 2 (!) 'inputs': link title and link itself
- with a 'pluse'-icon to dynamically add a new pare 'inputs' for new link
- with ability to add unlimited links to each item.

That what I call 'custom field URL'. Not what in new J! now.

Sorry again, sad but true...

leo lammerink

Apr 2, 2017, 10:52:04 AM4/2/17
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

Aklexx,

If you think you have better solutions why don't you contribute? Just create a Pull Request at Github for that and submit code? All people with good ideas are most welcome since we are Open Source and anybody can contribute to make Joomla! even better?

Leo Lammerink
MD GWS-Global Web Services
www.gws-desk.com
aka 'leolam' on Joomla forums
Member J-Bug Squad & J-CMS Release Team

Alexx Lebedinsky

Apr 2, 2017, 11:20:45 AM4/2/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
May be it is too late.

leo lammerink

Apr 2, 2017, 11:23:05 AM4/2/17
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alexx thanks for your concern. However it is never too late to contribute so feel free to contribute since we always need good people to help make Joomla! a better place?

Leo

Dmitry Rekun

Apr 3, 2017, 9:19:10 AM4/3/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hello!

If you know how to code then you can create your own field type for Joomla's custom field. It is just one more plugin.

Dmitry