Installation Joomla

Michael Wenning

Oct 18, 2020, 6:33:53 AM10/18/20
to Joomla! CMS Development
Moin,

wie ist der Verzeichnisname von Joomla über das FTP Programm?
Könnt Ihr mir helfen? Finde nichts passendes.

Freue mich auf eine Antwort.

Rudolf Baláš

Oct 18, 2020, 8:43:52 AM10/18/20
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Copy installation zip to ftp
connect to ftp by terminal
unzip zip file on ftp in terminal by "unzip *"
got into a web browser and put in the URL name of your domain
Installation is started automatically - then continue step by step

leo lammerink

Oct 18, 2020, 11:12:36 AM10/18/20
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

I think the question is about where to install if I am correct....? You install Joomla in the "home" directory of your hosting account. You upload the Joomla.zip file from the downloads site, upload it via FTP to your hosting account (root-dicrectory) login to your hosting account cPanel or Plesk or whatever they use at your host, you go to the file system of that program (Plesk/cPanel) and select the zip....and hit the Extract button. Than follow the steps of installing Joomla as outlined https://docs.joomla.org/Special:MyLanguage/J3.x:Installing_Joomla

Does that answer your question? If not please be so kind to clarify your question?

Regards

Leo Lammerink
MD GWS-Global Web Services
https://gws-desk.com | https://gws-webmaster.services | https: gws-host.com

On 10/18/2020 7:43 PM, Rudolf Baláš wrote:

wie ist der Verzeichnisname von Joomla über das FTP Programm?

Rudolf Baláš

Oct 18, 2020, 12:06:29 PM10/18/20
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
We don't use cPanel or Plesk, then maybe my solutions are different (definitely).
And for root we use sometime subfolder "public_html", sometime root (every hosting has different).

But a lot of people ask about something, but don't send all info, then we can speculate what do they need exactly :D