assigning roles to all team members

已查看 18 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Paul Orwig

未读,
2011年12月15日 17:27:062011/12/15
收件人 Joomla Community Magazine
Hi all,

Now that we've gotten our new team members introduced and we seem to have agreement on the high level aspects for our new content structure, it would be great to make sure that all team members have one or more roles.

Our request is that everyone would take a look at the list of proposed teams and roles below, and then respond in this email thread if there are any role(s) you would like to help with in addition to what's already shown below. Or, if you are assigned to a role now that you really don't want, that's okay, feel free to speak up about that too. If anyone would prefer to discuss this privately first before responding in this email thread, that's fine. But from our point of view, if you are interested in filling a role, just say so and we will try to make that work.

Notes:
  • Yes this is a long list of teams and yes there are lots of open slots, but please don't feel overwhelmed about that. We will keep things going just like we always have, and the team will grow if we make that a priority. Hint: We encourage all JCM team members to reach out to those they know and respect both as subject matter experts and with an interest to contribute, and recruit them to potentially either join your team or another JCM team!
  • All JCM team members are always encouraged to submit articles in any topic that they want.
  • All current JCM topics not listed below can continue to be published as they have been (Press/Media, Haikus, Website Case Studies, Did you know...?, Joomla Books) until we transition to the new content structure.
  • At the end of this email, there is a list of JCM team members (in the JCM team chat) without an assigned role for the new team structure. By the end of this process we would like to have at least one assigned role for everyone who will remain in the JCM team chat.
CONTENT FOCUSED TEAMS
  • Editor/Author team for Designer's topic (goal: 3-5 total): Peter
  • Editor/Author team for Developer's topic (goal: 3-5 total): Arlen
  • Editor/Author team for Administrator's topic (goal: 3-5 total): Mark
  • Editor/Author team for Events topic (goal: 3-5 total): Jen, Jon
  • Editor/Author team for Help wanted topic (goal: 2 or transition to Project news team): paul
  • Editor/Author team for general interest stories topic (goal: open): Alice
  • Editor/Author team for new Project news topic (goal: ??? total): Alice, Guillermo
  • Editor/Author team for new Sitebuilder's topic (goal: 3-5 total): NONE
  • Editor/Author team for new Business oriented topic (goal: 3-5 total): John, Mark, Rita
  • Editor/Author team for potential re-started Extensions evaluations content (goal: ??? total): Sully, Rita
  • International content team (goal: 2-3 lead editors plus volunteers for all 50+ Joomla supported languages): Alice, along with 20+ language specific editors
SUPPORT TEAMS
  • Lead editors: Dianne, Alice, paul (goal: 3 total)
  • Marketing: Milena, Satish, Ihab, Ryan, Danny (goal: ??? total)
  • Illustrators: Harry (goal: 2-3 total)
  • Developers: Olivier (goal: 2-3 total)
  • Webmasters: Simon, Shina, Kasim, Ashish, Ricky (responsible for site maintenence, sandbox updates, template and CSS updates, new issue launch process, international support, RSS and newsletter support, automated new author welcome information) (goal: 6-9 total)
  • Redesign team (goal: open): Jen, Milena, Pablo, Simon, Olivier
  • Editor/Author team for Author's resources, general site content (goal 3-5 total): NONE

CURRENT JCM TEAM MEMBERS WITHOUT ANY ASSIGNED ROLES
  • Babs
  • Bo
  • Nick A.
  • Hagen
  • Nicole
  • Norm
  • Sandra
  • Willy
  • Oscar
  • Pablo
  • Babs

Thanks,

paul

with Dianne and Alice

Dianne Henning

未读,
2011年12月15日 21:38:542011/12/15
收件人 joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'd like to add one more category: Proofreaders! It's a by-the-seat-of-your-pants position, usually happening on the 1st of the month, but very interesting in that you get to read ALL of the content. There is a requirement of an eye for detail, a respect for the style guidelines and a bit of code knowledge involved.

When you reply, just write in that you'd be interested to be a Proofreader and we'll get you up to speed on the style guidelines!

Merci!
Dianne

Hagen Graf

未读,
2011年12月16日 13:38:072011/12/16
收件人 joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
I would like to write about Joomla! events and if possible - case studies.
--
Hagen Graf
cocoate.com

Pour le respect de l'environnement, merci de réfléchir à l'utilité d'imprimer cet email.

Paul Orwig

未读,
2011年12月16日 15:49:422011/12/16
收件人 joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hagen, we'll add you as to the Editors/Authors team for Events!

You also mentioned case studies-do you mean our current Website Case Studies topic? If so, that hasn't gotten included as a separate topic for the redesign (or "core tag" using Jen's terminology). I think "Sitebuilders" might be the most straightforward topic for future website case studies. Do you want to be added as an Editor/Author for the new Sitebuilders topic?

paul

Hagen Graf

未读,
2011年12月16日 15:58:442011/12/16
收件人 joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Yes - put me as sitebuilders author/editor
Hagen

Paul Orwig

未读,
2011年12月16日 16:07:162011/12/16
收件人 joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Great, will do, thanks Hagen!

paul

Paul Orwig

未读,
2011年12月16日 18:00:292011/12/16
收件人 joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I created a Google document for our team roles. This document includes role updates from Hagen, Mark, and Willy, and also adds "Proofreaders" as a new role in the Support Teams section.

Everyone in our JCM Google group should have access to edit this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1EwWhCRTUM8YcbUAxjVpwI9hJm-vB98lG-jz8g3NYLbg

Thanks,

paul

Mark W Bender

未读,
2011年12月16日 19:42:042011/12/16
收件人 Joomla Community Magazine
I added myself to the google doc under proofreaders!

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子