time for me to step aside from the JCM

Paul Orwig

Feb 22, 2012, 8:04:39 PM2/22/12
to Joomla Community Magazine
Hi all,

Yesterday I accepted a new role on the OSM board. It will be a big new challenge for me, and so I have decided that I should step aside from the JCM so I can give my best focus to this new OSM role.

Dianne and Alice are remaining in their current positions as co-lead editors for the JCM. I told both of them a while ago about this possibility, and we had a long voice call today to talk about tieing up some loose ends. I will leave the team sometime next Thursday after we launch the March issue. With Dianne and Alice's leadership, the JCM is in strong, wise, capable, experienced, gentle, and sensitive hands.

Being a member of the JCM team has been a great experience for me. I am proud of what we have created so far, and I expect to be even prouder of what you all will create in the months to come!

so many stories
for the web but from our hearts
our gift to Joomla

Thanks,

paul

Alice Grevet

Feb 22, 2012, 10:03:31 PM2/22/12
to joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Dear Paul,

The roots of my attachment to the Joomla! project lie in the magazine. It is what has made me want to serve the project in other ways. It started with you and the team that came together to pull of this magazine idea. A year and a half and 20 issues later it is still going strong.

Dianne and I have learned so much from your leadership. You were the guardian of this special place to come together. And it hasn't always been easy, and it won't be in the future either. But it is so worth it. Thank you for entrusting this precious element of the j.org family to us. Thank you for challenging us to keep trying to be better. We will try to do you proud.

It is time now for you to serve the project in a new way, and to take on the role of OSM President. I know that you will take the same gifts of leadership with you that have made the magazine a success. I know that you will always work hard, you will do your best with the best interests of the project in mind, and you will always, always listen.

Thank you Paul.

Alice

Jonathan Neubauer

Feb 22, 2012, 10:11:01 PM2/22/12
to joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
You know, we (or at least I) often marvel at the Joomla! Project, and it's uniqueness in the world of Open Source, and software in general.
Similarly, within the Joomla! Project, the Magazine is one of those areas that's always interesting to step back and look at.  The sense of community it's brought, and the atmosphere of collaboration that thrives even more than most other areas of the Joomla! Project are constantly an encouragement.
Just about all of that we owe to Paul's guidance over the past couple years, as well as the amazing team at the JCM.

I'm excited about the potential the next couple of years hold for the JCM - the changes we're already implementing I think will take us a long way forward.  I'm also very excited about the future of the Joomla! Project in general, and can't wait to see how far we can go with Paul at the helm, supported still by the amazing volunteers of the Joomla! Community.

Thanks Paul!

~Jon

Dianne Henning

Feb 22, 2012, 10:17:27 PM2/22/12
to joomla-commu...@googlegroups.com
Dear Paul,

It was a great talk this afternoon, heartfelt and sincere. Your direction with the JCM has been true, and Alice and I hope to stay the course. We are looking forward to working with the JCM team and we have a lot of ideas that we will bring to them for discussion.

Whatever the future of the magazine will be, it was you who set the JCM on its journey. And what a journey it has been! You should be proud of the achievements the JCM has made over the past year and a half. You welcomed everyone with open arms and trusted each person to give their best, and it shows every month with each new issue.

It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you, and especially to get to know you as a good friend. The Joomla project is in good hands with you at its helm.

sharing a dream,
and seeing its fruition,
Joomla... at its best.

Thank you, Paul!