New Trophy and early bird Nats entries closing

Jollyboat Class Association

Mar 13, 2022, 8:33:08 PMMar 13
to J14 Class Association NZ
Hi folks
Two points; get your entries in and check out the new trophy!

Early entries closing
As per Rob's recent post the standard entry window for the nationals closes this Wednesday (16th). While entries will likely be accepted up to the following week (23rd) better to enter early.
Given it's a Covid world any special requests can be made to me, or Marc Frewin, via the Howick web site. We're keen to see as many participants as possible so get in touch if you've got any questions.

The new Pirate mug trophy - for newbies
As an extension of our usual Handicap award I've created the Pirate Mug to allow for new J14 sailors and older sailors and those with challenges to compete for an overall "second half of the fleet" award - sort of a race within a race. It will be judged on placings, experience, most capsizes, number of wooden legs, poor navigation or boat handling and so on. As you can see it's most prestigious and well worth having a crack at regardless of J14 prowess.
PirateMug.jpg

Get your entries in and have a go at Top of the fleet or the Pirate Mug.
Hope to see you all on the water soon - probably the safest place to be, beats the couch or a shopping mall.
Regards
Jim