2020 J14 Nationals have been cancelled

J156 - Jim The Fish

Mar 17, 2020, 4:30:15 AM3/17/20
to J14 Class Association NZ
Hi Folks

Due to the evolving Coronavirus situation the organising authority has decided to cancel the forthcoming J14 Nationals this coming weekend, 20 -22 March 2020..
This wasn't decided lightly and no doubt everyone is extremely disappointed by this announcement.

After advice from YNZ (aligned to Health Department advice for managing events)  and consultation with the J14 committee, the decision was taken to put our sailing community's health and safety first.

Please pass this information on to those who don't have access to the internet or email.

We are looking at options for potentially running the event later in the year and also meeting our constitutions requirement to run an AGM.

In the meantime keep an eye out on any smaller events and perhaps by adopting some precautions (hand washing and avoiding sick people) we might be able to support our local clubs with weekend events.  The important point is to research the Health department recommendations to limit the risk of passing the virus on or putting yourself at risk.

As always feel free to contact me - and stay well.

Regards
Jim