Attempted break-in 1000 block of Joliet

Jake Wiese

Aug 6, 2008, 12:18:31 PM8/6/08
to joliet-frer...@googlegroups.com
One of our neighbors on Joliet Street had an attempted break-in sometime Tuesday afternoon.  The would-be burglar tried and failed to kick in the back door of her house, but couldn't get through.  He then retrieved a ladder from the house next door (which is in the process of renovation), and attempted to get in another way.  The noise alerted the owner, who was at home, and she called 911.  The burglar left upon realizing he had been seen.  The police did respond to the 911 call, but there may have been a time lag.  My understanding is that the elderly lady who made the call was not able to give a good description of the burglar, but she did indicate her belief that he was NOT an African-American.  I'm sorry to say that I have no further details.