junk messages

marshal...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2008, 8:55:57 PM9/9/08
to Joliet-Freret-Cambronne Neighborhood
Hey-

I hope that everyone survived Gustav. I was happy to see a beefed up
NOPD/La Nat'l Guard presence when I got back to town on thursday
night.

Someone pointed out to me that the group had been over-run with
inappropriate spam type postings. There were about thirty of them and
I removed them all yesterday. In order to block future messages like
that, I had to change the settings of the group and now all messages
have to be approved by the moderator (me). I really hate to do this,
because I wanted there to be a completely free exchange of
information. But this was the only way to ensure that inappropriate
posts aren't made by spammers. I hope that I can lift the restrictions
as soon as these posts stop (I had to delete about ten more of them
this morning).

Marshall