CRNA Crime Committee – Action Meeting Agenda for Wed 8/13/08

Alice-Anne Krishnan

Aug 12, 2008, 7:08:15 AM8/12/08
to paxb...@yahoo.com, gcagn...@gmail.com, cbgi...@bellsouth.net, jasonco...@yahoo.com, dimar...@bellsouth.net, drrga...@aol.com, tilma...@kw.com, jeanf...@cox.net, kenki...@gmail.com, tsle...@gmail.com, mp...@loyno.edu, amandaf...@gmail.com, ssal...@cox.net, lesleyi...@gmail.com, tchef...@hotmail.com, jri...@cox.net, frederic...@netscape.net, patri...@charter.net, Mddu...@aol.com, jerry...@hotmail.com, zotz...@cox.net, mhe...@tulane.edu, jds...@mac.com, Laki...@aol.com, mrich...@cox.net, tne...@crt.state.la.us, rf...@cox.net, admira...@yahoo.com, ele...@gmail.com, andrea...@yahoo.com, laki...@aol.com, gsm...@datasync.com, Tedd...@cox.net, sandra.h...@crescentcom.com, eywj...@bellsouth.net, ajav...@cox.net, batist...@yahoo.com, joliet-frer...@googlegroups.com
Here's our ambitious agenda and a reminder - the CRNA Crime Committee meeting is tomorrow nite (Wed 8/13, see location and details below). Hope to see you there.

Best,
AA

------------
CRNA Crime Committee – Action Meeting Agenda

Wednesday, 8/13/08, 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Location: Rear Meeting Room, GELATO PAZZO CAFFE, 8115 OAK STREET

(between CARROLLTON AND DUBLIN)

1. Crime Updates

· NOPD Crime Stats – Tilman will provide
· Report from last NONPACC meeting (the Flots, Jerry)
· Report re recent Nite Out Against Crime in Palmer Park, porch party on Cambronne Street
· We have a new DA, Keva is a judge - what will that mean for us?
· Other quick updates, crime news?

2. FYI re crime-fighting resources

· Any resources of interest to share?

3. Follow up re previous/pending items for action. What is happening with?

· Restorative Justice Circle (Betty)
· Hosting of lecture on resources for homeless, with participation by New Orleans Mission or City of New Orleans to let us know what the new funding will make available for the homeless in crisis, living in our parks, etc. (Tilman)
· Offer of possible funding for outreach, newsletter, or other programs (Mary Dukes)
· Crime Incident Log/Web-based posting of crime incidents by citizens
· Anything else?

4. Group Discussion Items

- Who will handle next month's meeting, since my due date is mid-Sept

- Next porch party ideas (at Tilman's on Cambronne/Spruce to support him in his struggle against the increase drug trade across the street? Other ideas?)

- Do we feel established enough now to begin increasing our membership?

- Review of the various incidents that have happened in the past month - shootings, break-ins, etc. on formerly quiet blocks. Is our nhood becoming a wild west playground for hardcore criminals?

- Report on the Green/Dante drive by shooting and NOPD response. What are our next steps for action? (Todd, AA)

- Home security cameras, revival of Security District with different boundaries? (Todd, AA)

- Anything else?

5. Prioritize, vote on Action Items (options are yes/no/maybe/hold for later)

6. End meeting