How to price a 1995 Johnson 18 for quick sale?

G E

Aug 4, 2022, 7:25:52 AM8/4/22
to Johnson 18 One Design -2022
Looking for a quick sale on a 1995 Johnson 18 with 1996 Spartan trailer (with relatively new wheels and tires).

Boat is in decent shape for age.  100% intact and ready to sail.  Some minor condition issues and could use some rejuvenation but good given age.  Main highly worn (original) but have been using for day sailing.  Jib his newer than main and still respectable.  Have a sail masthead flotation panel as well in good condition.

No clue what sort of price to ask for quick sale.  Wonder on what is reasonable both for private sale and if selling through broker and paid upfront (obviously significantly less; I assume at least 50% maybe more?).  Again  looking for idea on fair price for quick sale not top dollar.  Talking to one guy and have no clue on what to tell him; just starting to research.  He seems to be holding back on making an upfront offer without me suggesting a price.

BTW - If anyone here is interested it is in NW WI (near Rice Lake, WI) about 100 miles from Twin Cities, MN but it needs to shift quickly and we need it out of it's current location soon as we are on borrowed time there.

IMG_4380.JPG

Jason Fitschen

Aug 4, 2022, 8:12:41 AM8/4/22
to johnson-18...@googlegroups.com
As a reference, my boat is in equivalent condition (from what I can see), and I paid $3k with trailer on the west coast last year. The boat has two sets of sails, one nicer than the other, but both used. Hope this helps.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Johnson 18 One Design -2021 group. To post to this group, send email to johnson-18...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to johnson-18-one-d...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/johnson-18-one-design?hl=en
---

G E

Aug 4, 2022, 9:11:58 AM8/4/22
to Johnson 18 One Design -2022
Thanks Jason.  That sounds like a reasonable price for a typical sale.  If others have recent pricing information and thoughts keep it coming please.  Listed prices and sale prices differ so much it is hard to know what they really sell at.

Given the circumstances if there is anyone here that is interested I certainly would be more than happy with say $2000.00 and a quick sale.  The key at moment is really to do something with it.  Selling it quickly instead of relocating it and dealing with it later is worth dollars to me right now.  Again it is about 20 miles from Rice Lake, WI.  That isn't too far from locations like the Twin Cities in MN (maybe just over 100 miles).

Stewart Pierce

Aug 8, 2022, 8:37:25 PM8/8/22
to johnson-18...@googlegroups.com
Hi is your boat still for sale and if so can you send me some pics?can you also give me a number that I can reach you at. Thanks very much.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Stewart Pierce

Aug 9, 2022, 7:14:52 PM8/9/22
to johnson-18...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. Do you mind telling me what you were asking. I am trying to get a sense as to what I am going to have to pay to get one. I missed out on a few before the COVID shutdown but have not seen any for sale since.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 5:25 PM Grant Erickson <public.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sold day of the post. It hasn’t been delivered yet but I have already been paid so expect this to go through.

If anything changes will let you know.

Thanks