Bike to work day 2016 organizer needed for main hospital campus!

Lauren

Feb 22, 2016, 8:31:22 PM2/22/16
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
B2WD 2016 will be Friday, May 20. Last year was a lot of fun, and over 100 cyclists came to our event!

Anyone available to organize the event this year? I was the organizer last year and Dave Love (who has moved) before that... Unfortunately I have 3 out of 4 weeks leading up to that of night shifts as well as a lot of other work commitments that will make it impossible for me to be the point person. You can make it as elaborate as you want and I can help recruit volunteers to help you.

Let me know if you ate interested!

PS I am currently going through the VERY slow process of improving bike parking options on campus and looking into securing the bike commuter tax benefit, which were the top 2 ideas at B2WD last year. We have some administrator support already based on the data we got from the booth. Cross fingers!

-Lauren

Fran Horan

Feb 23, 2016, 9:01:44 AM2/23/16
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Lauren,

Maybe it would help top dangle 'Bicycle Friendly Business' status in front of admins and managers to motivate improvements. Sometimes a context, competition., recognition helps motivate. As a local JHU example, we (JHU/APL) recently were upgraded from Bronze to Silver.

If you need more details on what APL has, what we got points on, etc, I can send that.

Fran

-Lauren