Bike parking at the hospital?

Robbie Flick

May 27, 2018, 5:38:42 PM5/27/18
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hi everyone, I'm an incoming internal medicine intern at JHH, originally from Baltimore and thrilled to be coming back!

I'm hoping to commute by bike to the hospital. Can anyone comment on the current state of bike facilities at the hospital? I'm particularly concerned about bike security. I'm considering getting an e-bike to speed up my commute a bit, but would be reticent to use it unless there was a secure rack in a well-lit and monitored area, or someplace indoors for storage during the day. I've poked around for details online but am having trouble finding up-to-date information.

Thank you!

-Robbie

Dan

May 28, 2018, 10:39:56 AM5/28/18
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hey! Welcome back future osler marine. So there is a pretty secure area with an enclosed gate and guard booth right off of e monument right near Turner auditorium. It also has a roof over head so your bike stays dry during the rain. Obviously you would still need a lock for the bike rack. Your white coat ceremony and welcoming lunch is traditionally there so you can check it out.
Dan

Robbie Flick

May 28, 2018, 11:22:25 AM5/28/18
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan, thanks for the warm welcome and advice! That sounds perfect. I'll be using a U-lock, but wanted to make sure I could lock it up in a relatively supervised area. Been bike commuting in Colorado throughout medical school and have seen how even the best locks don't help much if a bike thief has enough time to work on them. Thanks for the help.

Best,

Robbie

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 8:39 AM Dan <daniela...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey! Welcome back future osler marine. So there is a pretty secure area with an enclosed gate and guard booth right off of e monument right near Turner auditorium. It also has a roof over head so your bike stays dry during the rain. Obviously you would still need a lock for the bike rack.  Your white coat ceremony and welcoming lunch is traditionally there so you can check it out.
Dan

Daniel Ambinder

May 28, 2018, 11:25:33 AM5/28/18
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
No problem! I'll be a second year cards fellow next year so we will probably working together at some point. Feel free to reach out with any other questions if you need.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters" group.